I would like to thank all of you for your replies. I very much appreciate your time and I've got some great starting points to try out. I will put together a recap of the off- and on-board comments in the next day or so for archive posterity.

For those looking for more details...

The protein is specifically a monomeric substrate binding protein (very roughly similar to MBP) and binds a water-soluble vitamin. It's purified exclusively by ion exchange so no tags though it is shy a bit of the N-terminal domain to remove a lipo- moiety. I have no idea what the Kd is at the moment, that was what I was hoping to calculate. I do have the bound structure, it is not covalently attached to the protein. The interactions are mostly hydrophobic with only a couple of hydrogen bonds.

Once again, thank you all,

Katherine

On Fri, Oct 8, 2010 at 12:20 PM, Joseph Ho <j...@medusa.bioc.aecom.yu.edu> wrote:

It is just like the regular dialysis but the deserved buffer contains
   charcol powder.

   Meng-Chiao Joseph Ho

--
SIPPEL,KATHERINE H