Hello Eric,

I would try not to store a protein for 3-4 days and set up drops as quickly as
possible. 3-4 days can be a long time for a sensitive protein. If you expressed
too much, add 15% glycerol and store the protein at -80deg. Gel-filtrate the
solution and re-concentrate before the next use.

Tim

On Fri, Nov 05, 2010 at 08:40:51PM +0000, <Eric Karg>
wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I'm working on a protein which starts to precipitate after 3-4 days of
> storage at 4 degrees or room temperature. The storage buffer contains 300 mM
> NaCl because at lower salt concentrations it also tends to precipitate.
> Different buffers and adding glycerol did not help although this was not done
> in a systematic way. Has anyone had similar experiences? Any suggestions to
> overcome this problem?
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Eric

Tim Gruene