We routinely use a P200 to pipette drops of protein directly into a small Dewar
of liquid nitrogen. The protein forms small BB's with a volume of approximately
30 micro-L each. Pipette slowly, allowing the drops to freeze solid before
adding the next one. The frozen BB's can be picked up with forceps or a slotted
spoon and stored in a cryovial in the -80 freezer. For future experiments, you
can thaw only what you need. I have only seen one protein that couldn't recover
from this and could only be crystallized prior to freezing.

A systematic study of this procedure is described in Deng et al.
     http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14684931

--Andrew