Dear Yu

I cannot say about other programs. refmac uses equation in slides No 13-14 of
the presentation:
http://www.ysbl.york.ac.uk/refmac/Presentations/ Refmac_Erice_workshop.ppt

If your crystal is a perfect twin and you have processed data in true space
group then refmac will give map for a single crystal. However accuracy of
results have never been analysed. Moreover I would be very careful in the
beginning of refinement (i.e. immediately after molecular replacement with high
R factors). In these cases twin fraction refinement and map coefficients may
not be as reliable as they should be.

regards
Garib