Dear All,

We used SP sepharose high performance as second stage Ion exchange
chromatography for polishing the product. We did get pure product but yield
obtained was mere 25%. Our protein has a pI of 5.5 - 6.0 and we had used 25
mM Na Acetate buffer pH 4.5 for loading and same buffer with 1M NaCl for
elution, 25 C.V. linear gradient. Can you suggest some changes that i can
incorporate to increase the yield i.e additives to be added or some change
in pH etc. I tried elution with  arginine HCL as elution buffer as was
recommended in one paper, but the yield obtained was even less.

On washing with 2M NaCl ther is not much peak appearing but on washing with
1M NaOH substantial peak appears.

Kindly help me through this.

meg