Dear Andy,

We have seen this error since forever on our Ubuntu boxes (I believe starting
from ubuntu ver. 8.04). This is what the latest version of imosflm outputs on
startup:
lbbspc2 ~ > imosflm
MOSFLM_EXEC set to /usr/local/lbbs/ccp4/current/bin/ipmosflm
[: 180: =: unexpected operator
testing MOSFLM_WISH (/usr/local/lbbs/ccp4/tcltk++/bin/wish)

but (!) this "error" never manifested itself in any program malfunction.
imosflm seems to run just fine.

Sincerely,

Petr