Dear all,

I tried MolRep with a two domain protein. I have cut the two domain as one
domain rotates which prevent a search with the complete model. After I finished
the first run. I put this solution as fixed input model in the second molrep
run
with the second domain. The resulting solution positioned the tow expected
molecules, but not nearby the two already found domains. Interestingly a
symmetry mate would be at the correct position. I could manually write out the
coordinates of the symmetry molecule to put the two domains together, but I
thought Molrep would position it close to the already found domains because
they belong together and in fact they are one polypeptide chain.
Why does this not happen? Do I have to incorporate additional information or
constrains for the Molrep run?

Thanks and Best Regards

Christian