Dear Hailiang,

as Herman Schreuder already wrote sugars are quite likely to contain errors. We
are developing the PDB CArbohydrate REsidue check tool (pdb-care) in our group
to help crystallographers locating problems in sugars. There will be an update
soon, which includes checks for potentially missing LINK records and indicates
the atoms that should be linked (and also checks, if linkages result in proper
residues, i.e. if there are residues linked to a protein that are not known to
occur in glycoproteins, such as NDG (a-D-GlcpNAc) in N-glycan chains). A beta
version of the upcoming update is now available at
http://www.glycosciences.de/tools/pdbcare2/ - it might help you to identify the
atoms that are to be linked and to find potential issues before publishing the
structure.

Best regards,
Thomas