How about pointless? It seems to have a NAME keyword that does what you
want? Caveat: I have never tried this myself. You may have to do an
identity reindexing or similar.

You are right in your assessment of CAD and MTZUTILS. In principle, the
functionality should be in mtzutils, but I doubt that it would be easy
to add.

On Fri, 2011-03-18 at 09:43 +0000, Graeme Winter wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>

> Before I try to write a new program, I thought I would check what I
> want to do can't be done....
>

> I have many unmerged but scaled & summed MTZ files from scala (output
> unmerged) for which I would like to simply change the DNAME. I tried
> CAD, but it complains about the multi-record nature of the files and
> discusses unmitigated disasters, which can't be a good thiing. More
> helpfully it suggests use MTZUTILS instead.
>

> MTZUTILS can't change the DNAME according to the documentation.
>

> Any suggestions? I can clearly write a little jiffy program to do this
> but it seems like a simple thing someone would want to do.
>

> Thanks,
>

> Graeme

*               Dr. Martyn Winn                                       *
*   STFC Daresbury Laboratory, Daresbury, Warrington, WA4 4AD, U.K.   *
*   Tel: +44 1925 603455    E-mail: martyn.w...@stfc.ac.uk            *
*   Fax: +44 1925 603634    Skype name: martyn.winn                   *
*             URL: http://www.ccp4.ac.uk/martyn/                      *