Hi Martyn,

You were onto a winner there: for anyone who's interested the spell is:

pointless -c hklin split_SWEEP10.mtz hklout test.mtz << eof

name project demo crystal demo dataset foo

eof

for example. However I have to admit that I ended up using SED :o)

Pointless is certainly a better idea though.

Thanks,

Graeme