Hi Crystallographers,
 I am working of 23 Kda protein with a Nterminal  His tag and a TEV cleavage
site.
 I am getting crystals with the his tag and tev site intact, but they dont
diffract.
 *Is it probable that they dont diffract because of the extra his tag and
the tev site?*

 I am trying to get rid of this tag but the reaction is optimum at 10:1
protein to TEV ratio in micrograms overnight incubation without shaking.
 I tried to run it on histrap column after this reaction but I am not able
to purify  cleaved protein from TEV and uncleaved.
 I have tried several times but I get 3 bands ie., the TEV, uncleaved and
Cleaved.
 I have also tried to use the Nibeads instead of the histrap column, but no
difference is seen.
* Is there a possible way to approach this problem?*

 Suggestions awaited
 Anita