> this can screw up your statistics on twinning and this can be due to
> the NCS rotation
> axis (or will be based on what you say) parallel to a crystallographic
> symmetry axis.
> just check that. it should still refine though but this will have
> opposite effect to twinning,
> so it can be problematic. although its not clear to me what your
> problem is stucture solution
> actually was.
>
> just as a general comment,
>
> tommi

NCS axis is not parallel to any crystallographic axis. Although initially
had some problem in refinement because of twinning. I did not have any
problem in obtaining the solution. So my doubt was that even though there
was an indication of pseudotranslation, why was there no problem in
obtaining the solution? So I wanted to know whether this pseudotranslation
peak was due to the presence of heavy atoms in the structure.

> Tommi Kajander, Ph.D., Docent
> Macromolecular X-ray Crystallography
> Research Program in Structural Biology and Biophysics
> Institute of Biotechnology
> P.O. Box 65 (Street: Viikinkaari 1, 4th floor)
> University of Helsinki
> FIN-00014 Helsinki, Finland
> Tel. +358-9-191 58903
> Fax  +358-9-191 59940