Hey Everyone,

I am having some problems running Probe Clashes on WinCoot. I am running phenix.refine to obtain the pdb file and then WinCoot for manual building. I have the following installed:

WinCoot (6.0.1), probe (2.12.110413) and reduce (3.14.080821)
REDUCE_HET_DICT points to a valid location for reduce_wwPDB_het_dict.txt

When I ran things originally, I got this error:
"BL WARNING:: reduce didnt run ok, so stop here!"

Some googling got me to this posting:
http://www.proteincrystallography.org/ccp4bb/message14548.html

I manually applied the fix.  As a result, reduce runs without any apparent
error, but returns 1 which causes the probing process to exit.

I have also tried modifying generic_objects.py to ignore the error and continue
on
with the reduced.pdb file that reduce outputted, I end up getting this
error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 1, in<module>
  File "E:\WinCoot\share\coot\python\generic_objects.py", line 236, in
probe user_mods_gui(imol_probe, reduce_out_pdb_file)
  File "E:\WinCoot\share\coot\python\coot_gui.py", line 4399, in
user_mods_gui no_adj_buttons = make_no_adj_buttons(flips[1])
  File "E:\WinCoot\share\coot\python\coot_gui.py", line 4345, in
make_no_adj_buttons chain_id  = atom_spec[1]
NameError: global name 'atom_spec' is not defined
run_generic_script (probe, 0)

Which I haven't yet attempted to bypass.

Has anyone seen this problem?  Thoughts on how to improve things?

Thanks
Terry

PS  I am committed to getting this running on my Windows environment, so snarky
comments about the inferiority of the operating system will be less useful.

--
Paula Therese Lang
Postdoctoral Scholar