Hi

 I highly recommend reading the two Brunger papers below: they will
explain the important factors to take note of when refining low-resolution
structures.� I found them very useful when I was learning about
low-resolution refinement.

 I would suggest using the deformable elastic network with simulated
annealing in CNS, and then follow that with refinement in PHENIX using
tight geometery restraints and doing TLS and grouped-B factor refinement.�
Your problem is that at low resolutions, the data to parameters ratio is
low, and you need to use a number of restraints along with good
bulk-solvent and anisotropic corections in order to keep your R-factor and
R-free values within 3-4%.� Perhaps you could send your PHENIX input file
and we could see what you did and maybe point what needs to be corrected.

 Hope that was helpful.� good luck!

 Schroder, Levitt, Brunger, Super-resolution biomolecular crystallography
with low-resolution data Nature. 2010 Apr 22;464(7292):1218-22Brunger, AT
et al.� X-ray structure determination at low resolution. Acta Cryst D.
2009 Feb;65(Pt 2):128-33