Hi all,

Thanks for the suggestions! Anyway, the problems have been fixed! When I
edited the CIF files in a mac editor, the file formatting got changed, so a
line feed became a carriage return and Coot does not like this as to it they
appear to be different files.
The CIF files were fixed by using gedit on the old files on linux machine
and
global replace with match case/whole word only option on. They now are
recognized by COOT.

Ai Fen