dear SnowDeer,

The first step to see if bigger crystals can be grown is to use bigger protein drops and vary the precipitant/protein ratio at the beginning of the vapour diffusion experiment.
You can work out for yourself why this
should give you all the informations that you need in subsequent experiments.

Enrico.