From: CCP4 bulletin board [CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK] On Behalf Of Jacob Keller
[j-kell...@fsm.northwestern.edu]
Sent: Monday, September 05, 2011 10:10 AM
To: CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: Re: [ccp4bb] Trying to "digest" PISA results

NMR...take that!

JPK

2011/9/5 Andreas Förster <docandr...@gmail.com>:
> AUC !
>

> Andreas
>

> On 05/09/2011 6:00, Jacob Keller wrote:
>>
>> mea culpa! How about FRET?
>>
>> JPK
>>
>> On Mon, Sep 5, 2011 at 11:39 AM, Bosch, Juergen<jubo...@jhsph.edu>  wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Jacob,
>>> you forgot cross-linking to stabilize a weak complex and verify that it
>>> exists.
>>> Jürgen
>>> On Sep 5, 2011, at 11:45 AM, Jacob Keller wrote:
>>>
>>> Well, I guess I have always been curious what is the gold standard
>>> here--perhaps SEC, ITC, SPR, pulldowns? What if SEC shows a
>>> polydisperse sample with weak oligomerization, or SPR a very weak
>>> binding constant? Do we then revert to a functional assay? Or what if
>>> the functional assay does not show anything, but the binding constant
>>> is really strong? Or vice versa, the binding is completely
>>> undetectable, but the functional assay shows something?
>>>
>>> JPK
>>>

> --
>        Andreas Förster, Research Associate
>        Paul Freemont & Xiaodong Zhang Labs
> Department of Biochemistry, Imperial College London
>            http://www.msf.bio.ic.ac.uk

Jacob Pearson Keller
Northwestern University
Medical Scientist Training Program
cel: 773.608.9185
email: j-kell...@northwestern.edu

IMPORTANT WARNING:  This email (and any attachments) is only intended for the
use of the person or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain
information that is privileged and confidential.  You, the recipient, are
obligated to maintain it in a safe, secure and confidential manner.
Unauthorized redisclosure or failure to maintain confidentiality may subject
you to federal and state penalties. If you are not the intended recipient,
please immediately notify us by return email, and delete this message from your
computer.