Is there finally, at long last, one convention for nucleic acids?  I wonder how
many cumulative person-years of exasperation this @#$% issue has caused?

And please note, even Mother Nature herself, let alone synthetic chemists,
occassionally attaches U to deoxyribose or T to plain ribose.

Phoebe A. Rice
Dept. of Biochemistry & Molecular Biology
The University of Chicago
phone 773 834 1723
http://bmb.bsd.uchicago.edu/Faculty_and_Research/01_Faculty/01_Faculty_Alphabetically.php?faculty_id=123
http://www.rsc.org/shop/books/2008/9780854042722.asp