On Oct 16, 2011, at 4:42 PM, Guenter Fritz wrote:

In the end for the determination of the structure only a few datasets
will be necessary. This means maybe 0.5 Tb  of compressed data to
deposit. I don't think this is too much.

I think those 0.5 TB will be not essential, the more interesting datasets are
those which failed to produce a structure. That's where our processing guru's
and the SHARPest thoughts should be I guess :-)
Seriously, the bad data is the data developers need (if somebody ships me a
disk I can provide you with tons of bad data) , so that we can even get a
structure out of something you wouldn't have even mounted to begin with. The
rest is comparable to a collection of stamps, although with the benefit as BR
mentioned of adding an additional hurdle/layer to falsifying structures.

Jürgen

Jürgen Bosch
Johns Hopkins University
Bloomberg School of Public Health
Department of Biochemistry & Molecular Biology
Johns Hopkins Malaria Research Institute
615 North Wolfe Street, W8708
Baltimore, MD 21205
Office: +1-410-614-4742
Lab:      +1-410-614-4894