With improving techniques, we should always be making progress!
If we are trying to answer a biological question that is really important, we would be better off improving the purification, the crystallization, the cryo-conditions instead of having to rely on
processing old images with new software.

I have 10 years worth of images. I have reprocessed very few of them and never made any sensational progress using the new software. Poor diffraction is poor diffraction.
Money can be better spent buying a wine cellar, storage works for wine.

Enrico.