To: CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK
From: James Stroud
Sent by: CCP4 bulletin board
Date: 10/19/2011 10:41PM
Subject: Re: [ccp4bb] Biological assembly

On Oct 19, 2011, at 4:36 AM, Kayashree M wrote:
We have a structure which is a homodimer in the asymmetric unit.
PISA predicts most probable assembly as a dimer but this
dimeric assembly is different from what is solved (offcourse
we can generate the symmetry equivalent molecule and get that).

This last sentence is a bit vague. Can you take the just dimer that PISA predicts, fit this dimer to the lattice (i.e. each monomer sitting correctly in density but retaining the dimeric relationship predicted by PISA), and then generate the complete lattice using just this fitted dimer and crystallographic symmetries?

If so, that means that the PISA dimer is equivalent to the ASU you can deposit the PISA dimer as the ASU.

James

believed to be clean.

believed to be clean.