Weird. It's pretty much exactly what a nonbranched sugar (triose, in this
case) would look like.

were the dimensions consistent with three sugars? were there any collisions
with backbone or side chains inside/near the mystery density?
It really looks like maltotriose... is the protein a sugar binder by any
chance?

Artem