Clemens,
In the past, we have used  TRACER (free domain) for higher symmetry or we
interpreted manually  Niggly values :-)
TRACER is gone long time ago. Niggly values are not displayed anymore, so we
trust auto indexing of DENZO which, assuming all experimental parameters are
properly set ( we do this by using a standard  crystal such as lysozyme) is
extremely sensitive in defining Bravais system.  I have no experience with
POINTLESS, but assume that it is also doing an excellent work.

FF

Dr Felix Frolow
Professor of Structural Biology and Biotechnology
Department of Molecular Microbiology
and Biotechnology
Tel Aviv University 69978, Israel

Acta Crystallographica F, co-editor