I think that real universal image depositions will not take off without a
newish type of compression that will speed up and ease up things.
Therefore the compression discussion is highly relevant - I would even
suggest to go to mathematicians and software engineers to provide
a highly efficient compression format for our type of data - our data sets
have some very typical repetitive features so they can be very likely
compressed as a whole set without loosing information (differential
compression in the series) but this needs experts ..

Jan Dohnalek

--
Jan Dohnalek, Ph.D
Institute of Macromolecular Chemistry