From: Nian Huang
Sent: Monday, November 14, 2011 4:15 PM
To: CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: [ccp4bb] [off topic] Control of crystals' direction and position in
the drop.

Dear All,
Does anybody find a way to control a crystal's positioning in the drop? I have
needle shaped crystals. What I found out is that the vertical positioned
crystals always grow much thicker than the crystals laying flatly. But
unfortunately, it is a completely random event and only 1% crystals can appear
vertically. I have tried different formats of plates and equilibration
techniques w/o much success. Any suggestion is highly appreciated.

Nian Huang, Ph.D.
UT Southwestern Medical Center