On 07/12/11 11:58, matthew vetting wrote:
I think you are probably asking the wrong question, and what you are eventually going to want to know is how do I get a modified amino acid recognized in PHENIX or REFMAC so that it makes proper peptide bonds. The making and breaking of bonds in COOT (or O for ligands) is not something that gets utilized downstream in PHENIX or REFMAC, that is better done in ligand construction programs.

As far as making the modified amino acid I would use Chemdraw/Chemdraw3d then export and use PRODRG to make a cif file, though there are many nice ligand construction tools out there today (including one in PHENIX I believe).

Matt Vetting