Hi there,
Thanks everyone who answered the post entitled "artificial tetramer" . This is a resume of things I have done to build artificial tetramers. The following are the steps I have used: 1) Using your helix as model, run Amore scenario "get origin shifted model" with option "Reorient Trail Model" checked (From Eleonor Dodson): this will give your helix perfectly oriented into a P1 cell; 2) With pdbset, translate your helix by the desired distance along X and apply the desired symmetry to Z (P4 in my case): this will give your template; 3) Rename the chainĀ“s template and write a simple script combining "lskab" and "pdb_merge" in a FOR loop to superimpose to and merge the mobile pdb with your template one chain after another. In principle I was thinking about get a arbitrary point into the cell, pass a vector through it and apply the desired symmetry. However, unless XFIT, I don't know which program else has these capabilities. So the steps described here in are not of general application, but has solved my problem.
Best wishes and Marry Xmas,
Fred