Hello Rashmi,

How large are your protein monomer units?  Are you expecting these units to
have formed an oligomer?  As a general rule of thumb, you want your protein
molecules to be no smaller than 3x the membrane MWCO.  Perhaps all you need
is to try concentrating with a lower MWCO membrane, e.g. 3,000.

Alternatively, you could try:

- change membrane manufacturers (this sometimes does make a difference),

- pretreating your membrane (e.g. with BSA) to block all binding sites (but
then you'll have to worry about BSA contamination of your sample),

- concentrating your protein in under nitrogen pressure (I forget right now
what the device is called but I used to use it all the time),

- concentrating your protein in a speed vac to evaporate off some of the
water,

- ammonium sulphate precipitation,

- or even TCA precipitation.

HTH,