Hi Fred,

If I understand you correctly, you are concentrating your 50uL reaction to
4uL and then transforming all of it. If that is correct, that is WAY too
much DNA, especially based on what I see on your gel. Too much DNA
inihibits transformations and that is a very common mistake. Assuming I am
reading you correctly.

Simply transform say 2.5uL of the PCR reaction (post DpnI) directly into
cells and that is likely to work. You could also try, say a bunch of
transformations with 1uL, 2.5uL and 5uL.

Good luck and I can help you out further to get your mutants!
Raji

--
Raji Edayathumangalam
Instructor in Neurology, Harvard Medical School