I am currently in the final steps of refining a 1.3A structure and am coming
across a slight problem. According the the pdb file, I have an Rmsd bond length
of 2.55. MolProbity identifies three outliers which correspond to the bond
lengths of:
Asp: C--O , bond length = 1.2A
Arg: C--O , bond length = 1.15A
Ala: N--Ca , bond length = 1.43A

Real space refinement in Coot does not help and if I Regularize the zone it
completely distorts the backbone. So my question is, how do I fix these bond
length outliers? Do I need to be concerned with them? Any advice will be much
appreciated. Thank you!

Greg Costakes
PhD Candidate
Department of Structural Biology
Purdue University
Hockmeyer Hall, Room 320
240 S. Martin Jischke Drive, West Lafayette, IN 47907