Hi all,

Thanks to all those who responded to my query about indexing my dataset. I'm
beginning to suspect that the crystals are twinned. the crystals initially
started as fused plates which were then optimized to single crystals that
diffracted poorly (3.5-4). I then set up an additive screen, found an additive
that changed crystal form (looked more like the plates from earlier), went
through much optimization and got what appeared to be single rods, that
diffracted much more strongly (2.5-3), although some crystals in the same drop
looked like fused crystals, despite having single rods.

The initial condition used LiCl as the salt, which during the optimization I
changed to NaCl. I'm now looking for ideas to see how much more I can optimize
this condition since I haven't found crystals in any other conditions (even did
a seed screen). Does anyone have any experience with varying the different
salts to get untwinned crystals? KCl better than NaCl? Ammonium chloride better
than the others? Been looking at the Hofmeister series to get ideas.

Long post I realize, but many thanks for any previous experiences with salts.

Peter