I read your description of the crystals and Figure 4 of the following paper
came to mind. Post-crystallization treatment in lower PEG eventually allowed
them to tease the bundles apart.

1.      MacRae, I. J. & Doudna, J. A. An unusual case of pseudo-merohedral
twinning in orthorhombic crystals of Dicer. urn:issn:0907-4449 63, 993–999
(2007).

On Feb 22, 2012, at 10:59 AM, Peter Hsu wrote:

> Forgot to mention, that this 2.5-3A diffracting crystal was the same one that
> I have been unable to index and suspect are twinned due to the presence of
> these other fused crystals in the same drop.
>
> Thanks for any input.

Francis E. Reyes M.Sc.
215 UCB
University of Colorado at Boulder