Thanks a lot to everyone for their insightful comments ­ I certainly had
an interesting day trying to digest all that was said! Although my initial
reaction to the request was to turn it down since I had never heard of
such a request before,  I decided in the end to accede to the request,
since not doing so would imply that all reviewers are simply out there to
get me. To quote one email that I received "Being paranoid is good, but
you can't let it interfere with publishing"Š. Whilst on occasion this may
be true, I would certainly hope it is not the norm.

Without going into detail here there are some unusual topological aspects
about the structure that could justify requesting the coordinates, so
hopefully whoever is receiving the file will just sit back and enjoy the
structure as much as I did, and produce a better review in the end that
could not have been produced without the access.

Best wishes

Marc