If the data set had P6 symmetry before anisotropic scaling it would
keep that symmetry afterwards.  If it was only P2 symmetry before, it
certainly would not have P6 afterwards.  Any anisotropic scaling I've
seen constrains the anisotropy to the lattice symmetry so symmetry
cannot be degraded via its application.

   If your data set had, in principle, P6 symmetry but was expressed in
a lower symmetry asymmetric unit and contained nonsymmetry-conforming
noise before anisotropic scaling it would also contain broken symmetry
afterwards.  The higher symmetry was not lost, it was never there to
begin with.

Dale Tronrud