Dear All,

I have a question regarding solving a crystal structure by molecular
replacement. It is a single protein with a molecular weight of 25.5 kDa. The
cell dimension is rather big from the diffraction data ( 90.9 Å, 143.9 Å,
216.3Å, 90°, 90°,  90°). The possible space group is P212121. With such a big
unit cell, we predicted that there are 8-10 molecules per asymmetric unit. We
have a decent model with sequence similarity of 49%. I tried several times with
Phaser search with the current model and had difficulty to find any clear
solution. Has anyone seen such cases and any suggestions to solve the
structure? Thanks!

Jiyuan Ke, Ph.D.
Research Scientist
Van Andel Research Institute