George

The CCP4 programs (I can't speak for others) involved with isomorphous
replacement, i.e. scaling, FFT for difference Pattersons & Fouriers,
and heavy-atom refinement (e.g. MLPHARE), mostly require that the
native data and that of all the derivatives be not only in the same
a.u. but sorted identically, so the preceding programs such as CAD go
to a lot of trouble to ensure this.

Cheers

-- Ian