And for more Personal Reflections, one may wish to take a gander at the Rigaku
Webinar series with presentations by Brian Matthews and Michael G. Rossmann.

Jim

________________________________
From: CCP4 bulletin board [CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK] on behalf of Carter, Charlie
[car...@med.unc.edu]
Sent: Wednesday, June 06, 2012 2:05 PM
To: CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: [ccp4bb] Fwd: [ccp4bb] Fun Question - Is multiple isomorphous
replacement an obsolete technique?

Begin forwarded message:

Date: June 6, 2012 3:05:16 PM EDT
To: aaleshin <aales...@burnham.org<mailto:aales...@burnham.org>>
Subject: Re: [ccp4bb] Fun Question - Is multiple isomorphous replacement an
obsolete technique?

There are four such papers in Methods in Enzymology, Vols 368 and 374:

David Blow:  How Bijvoet Made the Difference:  The Growing Power of Anomalous
Scattering V. 374, pp. 3-22

Brian Matthews:  Transformations in Structural Biology:   A Personal View  V.
368 pp. 3-10

Michael Rossmann:  Origins V. 368, pp. 11-21

Ulrich W. Arndt:  Personal X-ray Reflections  V. 368, pp. 21-45

These reminiscences are there entirely because my co-Editor Bob Sweet felt
exactly the same way Alex does.

Charlie