I calculated threefold averaged omit maps in coot. These maps look nice and
clean, but I am having trouble making sense of the displayed sigma levels
or e/A3 values. When I display the unaveraged and averaged maps at a
similar density level for the protein the unaveraged map is at 0.024 e/A3
and 2.7 sigma, while the averaged map is displayed at 0.0016e/A3 and 7.6
sigma. I read the previous discussion about this issue where it was
recommended to rely on the e/A3 values for comparison, but even that
doesn't seem to work in this case. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Ursula

--
Ursula Schulze-Gahmen, Ph.D.