I echo with Nat and support depositing both structures. Despite the fact that
the 38 residues are disordered, these are 2 different proteins (chemically).
The disordered residues may not lead to a better model, but they do carry
information. They are there and still take up physical space, thus they may
change the crystal packing. Regardless of journal requirement, i think it is
good practice, and nothing to lose, to deposit both.

Yu Wai Chen