Hi people,

We are refining a structure with sulfates and we are getting the Chiral volume
outliers issue. I understand the problem as being computational where the
oxygens are in reality equivalent but computationally named differently. I have
seen the recent Acta Cryst D paper (April 2012 - PDB_REDO) which talks about
this issue and mentions the development of Chiron which could fix this issue.

Is there a way to fix this problem using existing tools (or editing).

We have ~20 sulfates in our protein (10-mer system)

Thanks heaps

Joel

Joel Tyndall, PhD

Senior Lecturer in Medicinal Chemistry