Our setup is an Olympus SZX-10 with both 1x and 2x objectives and 10x
eyepieces.  It's nice having the different objectives for different things--a
close up look at a tiny crystal requires the 2x, but the 1x is less bulky and
has better depth-of-field, so it's better for freezing crystals.

The DP21 camera is also nice, and provides for simple save-to-USB-drive photos
and movies and scale bars, and also displays the field of view on an LCD
monitor, which is nice for teaching and discussion among lab members.  (To get
the right value for the scale with a zoom microscope, though, it needs to be
set up with the "objectives" as the zoom knob stop values and the "adapter"
setting as the actual objective lens magnification.  A bit of a workaround, but
it's been fine for us.)

Cheers,

--
Jared Sampson