1) Check free R flag. It may be related with free flag being 1 instead of 0. If
it is the case then you can use newer version of refmac:
http://www2.mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk/groups/murshudov/

or from ccp4 v 6.3

2) Try arp/warp

Garib
On 19 Jul 2012, at 18:29, Deepthi wrote:

> Hi
>
> Yes i did check my MTZ file header. It shows p3221. For the same reason i
> reprocessed the data again in both p3221, p3121 and p321. Except for p3221
> none of the other space groups fit the model. The packing looks good and the
> map shows side chains very clearly. When i add the respective side chain its
> just not accepting. May be it is not the correct solution? Is it possible?
>
> Thank You
> Deepthi
>
> On Thu, Jul 19, 2012 at 7:04 AM, Eleanor Dodson <eleanor.dod...@york.ac.uk>
> wrote:
> It isn't that your space group is wrong, but are you sure that your mtz file
> has that space group in its header?
> MR will test all possible alternatives - in this case P3121 or P3221 - but
> won't change the symmetry information in the input mtz.
> You need to do that with a utility like
> mtzutils hklin1 p3121.mtz hklout p3221.mtz
> SYMM P3221
> end
>
> And there are various options in the REFLECTION UTILITIES.
>
> The integration and data processing are exactly the same for either space
> group, but REFMAC does not check that your mtz and pdb have the SAME symmetry
> information, and by default uses that in the mtz file. So you could have a
> perfectly good solution in P3221 but be running refinement in P3121, which is
> NOT GOOD!
> Eleanor.
>

> On 18 Jul 2012, at 17:50, Deepthi wrote:
>
>> I tried opening the model with other spacegroups MTZ file. The map doesn't
>> fit well for other spacegroups. The initial model was refined using Phenix
>> Autobuild software. I tried MR with every spacegroup possible in primitive
>> hexagonal. Only p3221 worked. There is no twinning in the crystal. I will
>> try using other softwares for refinement but this is annoying. I also tried
>> mutating the  model to poly alanines and refine but this made it worse. The
>> R-free went up to 0.546.
>> I initially thought it might be a space group problem but trying other space
>> groups doesn't work either.
>>
>> Thank youvery much  for the help
>> Deepthi
>>
>> On Wed, Jul 18, 2012 at 9:36 AM, Vellieux Frederic
>> <frederic.velli...@ibs.fr> wrote:
>> Hi there,
>>
>> Not much information provided. How was the initial model refined ? Phenix ?
>> It could be a problem with the Refmac refinement protocol (difficult to say
>> with so little information) if you switched from Phenix to Refmac.
>>
>> How certain are you 1 - of the space group; 2 - that the crystal wasn't
>> twinned ? You can have both and it can be "annoying".
>>
>> Further, at this resolution I think you could use one of the SHELXes (forgot
>> the terminology) for refinement, that could be more appropriate.
>>
>> F.V.
>>

>> Deepthi wrote:
>> Hi all

> [...]

Dr Garib N Murshudov
Group Leader, MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology
Hills Road
Cambridge
CB2 0QH UK
Email: ga...@mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk