XRF or TXRF would be very quick and definitive. With TXRF you could easily
identify and quantify metals present in 1-10 uL  of a 10 mg/mL solution.
ICP-OES will also work, but will require about 300 ug or so of protein
(depending on MW). ICP-MS is maybe 10x more sensitive than -OES but is more
complex and exotic to use. We've used all these methods to characterize and
quantify metalloenzymes.

Oxidation states may be revealed by visible absorption spectroscopy or
inferred from coordination geometry and bond lengths. For some metal ions,
EPR could be definitive for oxidation state. Atomic spectroscopy methods
won't help here.

Roger Rowlett