Dear Colleagues,
I have a question for all of you bioinformatics oriented structural biologists:
How do I predict the sites of protein-protein interactions between two
receptors that have been proven to interact biochemically but lack specific
details regarding proximity. This is not a straightforward question for me, and
I believe it is somewhat complicated. The complicated scenario involves a
multitude of different subunits and isoforms. Also, there is not structural
data to support all components involved, and thus I presume I should use the
sequence based software. I am aware that there are different types of
prediction software, either sequence or structure based predictions using
different
algorithms:http://rosettadesigngroup.com/blog/58/10-protein-protein-interface-prediction-servers/Receptor
 1:-Has 5 predicted subunits (Alpha)2-(Beta)2-(Gamma)11. Alpha (6 isoforms)2.
Beta (3 Isoforms)3. Gamma (3 Isoforms)Receptor 2:-Is believed to be composed of
(Alpha)3-(Beta)21. Alpha (4 isoforms)2. Beta(1 isoform)Any advice or
recommendation will be well appreciated!
Sincerely, lorenzo

Lorenzo Ihsan FInci, Ph.D.Postdoctoral Scientist, Wang LaboratoryHarvard
Medical SchoolDana-Farber Cancer InstituteBoston, MA Peking UniversityThe
College of Life SciencesBeijing, China