Danilo,
The protein cavity can be analyzed utilizing the program Voidoo ( Kleywegt GJ,
1994). This program uses an atomic-flattening algorithm based on a
3-dimensional grid to locate and delineate different cavities. A Van Der Waals
cavity can further be generated with a probe radius with a computed cavity grid
using the highest number of grid points, and a contact and accessible surface
can further be evaluated...
Relevant
Resources:http://pelican.rsvs.ulaval.ca/mediawiki/index.php/Analysing_protein_cavities_using_VOIDOOhttp://binf.gmu.edu/ttaylor/DELAUNAY_PAPERS/chakravarty1.pdf
I hope this helps!lorenzo

Lorenzo Ihsan FInci, Ph.D.Postdoctoral Scientist, Wang LaboratoryHarvard
Medical SchoolDana-Farber Cancer InstituteBoston, MA Peking UniversityThe
College of Life SciencesBeijing, China