Dear Ian,

it depends whether George Sheldrick's group can be considered a 'legal
entity', or whether the next available legal entity would be the
Inorganic Chemistry Dpt. - in the latter case I would not think I have
the authority to bind the Dpt. to the FCCC license.

I'll assume the former - FCCC will probably not behave like SCO...

But I am not happy with this license. E.g. it does not explicitly
allow me to install the program on computers of the group, the quoted
paragraph only seems to imply it.

Best,
Tim

On 08/21/12 12:06, Ian Tickle wrote:
> Tim, doesn't para 12 of the Agreement cover that:
>
> "If SCWRL4.0 is installed on computers owned by a corporation or
> other legal entity, then this agreement is formed by and between
> FCCC and such entity ("Licensee"). You represent and warrant to
> FCCC that you have the authority to bind Licensee to this
> Agreement.".
>
> Cheers
>
> -- Ian
>
> On 21 August 2012 10:55, Tim Gruene <t...@shelx.uni-ac.gwdg.de>
> wrote: Dear all,
>
> the FCCC license for the program scwrl4
> (http://dunbrack.fccc.edu/scwrl4/license/index.html) says that
> "Licensee will take all reasonable precautions to avoid any
> unauthorized disclosure of SCWRL4.0."
>
> I may misunderstand the meaning of the word 'disclosure', but to
> me this statement excludes putting the program on any computer
> accessible by anybody except me.
>
> I would like to install scwrl4 on our group's network for general
> use, but with my current understanding and interpretation this
> would make me violate this license.
>
> Would anyone kindly let me know whether I understand this license
> correctly, or whether I can install scwrl4 on a networked computer
> and allow access to other group members? The could copy it easily
> unless I fiddle around with access permissions, probably at the
> level of ACL's which I am not familiar with.
>
> Thanks for comments, Tim

- --
- --
Dr Tim Gruene