This indeed is sad news for today.
I just wanted to note that Professor Johnson's early papers on
time-resolved crystallography truly inspired me to continue in
crystallography, influenced my decision for my first postdoctoral position
and to push the limits.  I still have the carefully highlighted photocopies
(yes used a photocopier and a real bound journal in gradual school) in my
filing cabinet next to my office.

My condolences to those close to her and her family.  Gloria