Jahan

It sounds as though the protein crystallizes well, so microseeding (done
the right way) is very likely to solve the problem.  Make a strong seed
stock with as much crystalline material as possible from several wells,
including different hits if possible.  Just mix them all together, but keep
PEG conditions separate from salt conditions (or you will get two layers).
 Make a set of serial dilutions from "neat" up to 1 in 100,000 and freeze
them at -80.  You need to seed into *random screens*, so that you can pick
up new conditions.  Then you should optimize two or three new conditions by
using the diluted seed stock.  For example, if you estimate that there are
1000 crystals in the drop, you use the 1:1000 dilution.

For info and references see http://www.douglas.co.uk/mms.htm

--
 patr...@douglas.co.uk    Douglas Instruments Ltd.
 Douglas House, East Garston, Hungerford, Berkshire, RG17 7HD, UK

 http://www.douglas.co.uk
 Tel: 44 (0) 148-864-9090    US toll-free 1-877-225-2034
 Regd. England 2177994, VAT Reg. GB 480 7371 36