A scientist position dedicated to MX instrumentation is now open at the MAX IV Laboratory.

The MAX IV Laboratory is presently operating the MAX I, II, and III storage rings (MAX-lab) as well as constructing the new MAX IV facility which will become operational in 2016. At the existing MAX II ring we are operating two experimental stations dedicated to macromolecular crystallography (MX) with modern setups including e.g. robotic sample changer, in-situ crystal diffraction and a humidity control device for crystal optimization.

The BioMAX beamline is one of seven beamlines within the initial beamline project at the new MAX IV facility and is planned to be operational in 2016. The beamline is for high throughput macromolecular crystallography. With the unique performance of the MAX IV 3 GeV ring the X-ray beam of the BioMAX beamline will be outstanding.

The beamline project is now entering a phase where a detailed design of the endstation instrumentation including complementary techniques has to be worked out and implemented to turn the unique X-ray beam into a world-class structural biology facility.

The MAX IV Laboratory is looking for a scientist with a strong background in instrumentation for MX beamlines to work with the development and design of the BioMAX beamline.

For more information please see:
http://www.lunduniversity.lu.se/o.o.i.s?id=24914&Dnr=505428&Type=E

Application deadline is November 28, 2012.

--
Thomas Ursby
BioMAX Beamline Project Manager