From: CCP4 bulletin board [mailto:CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK] On Behalf Of Yuri
Pompeu
Sent: Friday, November 30, 2012 7:23 PM
To: CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: [ccp4bb] To cryo or not to cryo...

Dear community,
I have what seems to be a pretty decent single crystal that grew from a screen
set up 2 weeks ago.
I am trying to reproduce it but so far I have not succeeded. I am however
afraid the crystal that did form will start to deteriorate. So this brings me
to dilemma, I feel like I should try and mount this crystal and shoot it. But
since I only have 1 sample, I do not want to mess this up...  I am inclined to
try cryo conditions, but I am afraid the addition of a cryo such as glycerol
could destroy the little guy.
The crystal formed in 30% PEG 4000, 0.1M NaCitrate pH5.6 and 0.2M NH4AcO, I
wonder if this is a cryo condition already?
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

best,